Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Immigration Reform?


How about government reform?

This post may not be what you think it is,  as I am not going to comment for or against the immigration bill.  Instead I'm going to point you towards an article in the Weekly Standard.

The question asked of our representatives was related to a previous news story regarding potential interaction between the immigration bill and ACA. summed up as follows:

"Under Obamacare, businesses with over 50 workers that employ American citizens without offering them qualifying health insurance could be subject to fines of up to $3,000 per worker. But because newly legalized immigrants wouldn’t be eligible for subsidies on the Obamacare exchanges until after they become citizens – at least 13 years under the Senate bill – businesses could avoid such fines by hiring the new immigrants instead."  Article Here



When our elected representatives don't have an understanding of the legislation they are voting on... we have a serious problem.

"We're trying to solve that right now. I don't know if that's been solved," Sen Baucus

"I don't know. I'd have to look at it closely," Sen Casey

"I mean I'd have to look. You're asking a legal question. It's not an opinion question," Sen Blumenthal

"I don't have the time to drill down on it right now," Sen Carper

"I think if you work for an employer who offers health care, you will get the health care you want," Sen Boxer

As I said, this isn't about the immigration bill or ACA,  this is about whether or not our elected representatives even know what the hell it is they're voting on.

Thoughts?


No comments: