Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's a Boy

Photo by DAVID ILIFF. License: CC-BY-SA 3.0

Heir to the Throne

I have to admit, I'm fairly indifferent when it comes to royalty although my wife, talking on the phone with a friend, was somewhat excited at the announcement of the birth When I was in London I did stand at the base of that statue and before those gilded gates, but frankly was more interested in the architecture than the occupants. Nevertheless, some are excited and some sources estimate that the birth will stimulate around $400 million in economic activity for the British economy.

So what do you all think of this new baby who may one day be By the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories King, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith?  All seems kind of silly if you ask me.

No comments: