Sunday, February 2, 2014

Funday: A Room With A View

 

Who wants one?

With an Apple Mac Pro, Winscape Software, and a Kinect Sensor for an Xbox you can have any view you want and it can all be controlled from an app on your iPhone.  Tracking the location of the viewer, it adjusts the scene accordingly.  You can even make your own scenes if you have a video camera that records in 1080p minimum (4K even better) at 30 frames per second.  The demo uses two built in 46 inch Panasonic plasma displays but the software will work with anywhere from one to six monitors.

I've always thought that this would be a good use of a  flat screen TV when one wasn't watching TV.  If I ever make the switch back to Apple (a move I've been contemplating), I might go ahead and get the Winscape software. 

Of course, I might be tempted to do this:

 

 



No comments: