Monday, August 18, 2014

Abuse of Power or Effective Government?

Photo:Gage Skidmore
Rosemary Lehmberg. Lehmberg, whose office runs the corruption unit, was arrested on a drunk-driving charge in April, 2013, after being caught by Austin police with an open bottle of vodka in the front seat of her car. She was caught in a church parking lot in Austin. Jailhouse video and images show that her behavior was anything but Godly; Lehmberg is not a happy drunk. Story

A Grand Jury indited Governor Perry on two felony charges: abuse of official capacity and coercion of a public servant. Mr. Perry is accused of improperly vetoing $7.5 million for the Travis County Public Integrity Unit, which handles Texas political-corruption cases, after a Democratic prosecutor refused to resign following a drunken-driving arrest. Story
“I very clearly, I very publicly, said that as long as that individual is going to be running that agency, I had lost confidence in her, the public had lost confidence in her and I did what every governor has done for decades, which is make a decision on whether or not it was the proper use of state money to go to that agency.  I stood up for the rule of law in the state of Texas, and if I had to do it again, I would make exactly the same decision,”

Was he right?


No comments: