Sunday, April 7, 2013

That Time of Year




Frettie

When Flame meets Flesh

I was reading a news article about Ikea recalling their Moose Lasgna because it was contaminated with up to 1.6% pork, and the thought occured to me, "Hey! I ought to fire up the grill".  Yes folks, it's gittin to be that time of year again,  the time to celebrate two of mankinds first inventions: Fire and Meat.

 Tricks of the Trade

I usually wait until after people eat before I tell 'em what's on it, but here is an interesting rub for you try out:

4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder 
3 Tablespoons Finely Ground Coffee
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 - 1/2 Cayenne Pepper (adjust amount to taste)    


Goes great on a ribeye

So, what's on your grill?


No comments: