Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ten Thoughts to Ponder

OD's The one smoking
It's Saturday, time for something frivolous... 

Here's another e-mail item, courtesy of  my old Air Force buddy, OD.  We fought the drug wars in South America with radios and rum...





Ten Thoughts to Ponder

Number 10:  Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 9:  Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 8:  Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich .

Number 7:  Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 6:  Some people are like a Slinky-not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Number 5:  Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals, dying of nothing.

Number 4:  All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Number 3:  Why does a slight tax increase cost you $800.00, and a substantial tax cut saves you $30.00?

Number 2:  In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Number 1:  Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers--what you do today, might burn you tomorrow.

And a bonus...

Just put a deposit down on a brand new Porsche & mentioned it on Facebook. I said, "I can't wait for the new 911 to arrive!" Next thing I know 4000 Muslims have friended me and Homeland Security has my house surrounded.  The illegals who live next door sure got a good laugh.

9 comments:

amanofwonder said...

No doubt I admit you are a bit fishy but,

Number 7: Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Sorry to be taxing but I'll read yah'all tomorrow. Go ahead push me down the stairs I'll tumble back!

Prozac that!

amanofwonder said...

Nope I did'unt take this post personal,,, maybe.

Silverfiddle said...

I hope nobody takes is personally. The comments herein are not mean to resemble any blogger living or deceased.

Divine Theatre said...

Silver, so it was solely meant to offend the living dead, ie, lefties?

Silverfiddle said...

Ya know, Devine, used to these Saturday joke posts would attract the most vehement comments from lefties who were insulted. I guess they stopped coming around...

Always On Watch said...

My health-nut brother-in-law is learning the reality of Number 9: melanoma and cardiac issues, the latter genetic.

~Leslie said...

Very funny list SF!

Endo said...

I eating a sandwich!

Karen Howes said...

Thanks, Silverfiddle, I needed a light post. :-)