Friday, March 8, 2013

Oops!


80% of Recent NYC High School Grads Cannot Read

CBS2 NY recently published an article on the failure of NYC schools to adequately teach basic skills.  In all likelihood it will be corrected by the time you get there, but the article was rather entertaining and the comments about misspellings, typos, and incorrect word usage are rather entertaining too.

Apparently 80% of NYC Reporters Cannot Spell Either 

To meet the needs of the students, City University has launched a special program called CUNY Start. It provides low-cost emersion classes.

in CUNY Start we give them a lot more one-on-one attention, small grouip work.

“I was nervus about how hard it was going to be, how much of a chnage it was going to be from high school,” Gonzalez said.

Or spell check either.

Eye have a spelling chequer,
It came with my Pea Sea.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss Steaks I can knot sea.

Eye strike the quays and type a whirred
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am write oar wrong
It tells me straight a weigh.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your shore real glad two no.
Its vary polished in its weigh.
My chequer tolled me sew.

A chequer is a bless thing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right all stiles of righting,
And aides me when eye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The chequer pours o'er every word
Two cheque sum spelling rule. 

- Jerrold H. Zar

 

Cheers!

~Finntann~



No comments: