Friday, March 6, 2015

What do you know?

Only 1 in 1000 Americans can name the five freedoms guaranteed by the first amendment; Speech, Press, Religion, Assembly, and Petition...But 22% of us can name all five of the Simpsons; Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.

Take the Perils of Perception Quiz

I scored 8/9... I have to admit I got the percentage of Americans over 65 wrong.

If you want to have some real fun... take the other countries quizes.

I also scored 8/9 on Canada's test... I got the percentage of immigrants wrong. I scored 9/9 on the South Korea test (I did live there for a while). I scored 8/9 on the British test, again I got the percentage of immigrants wrong and while I lived there I wasn't in a big city and underestimated the immigrant population.

Germany 4/9, France 6/9, Italy 9/9, Australia 8/9, Spain 9/9, Belgium 8/9, Sweden 8/9, Japan 8/9, Hungary 7/9, Poland 7/9


After America and Canada I took the tests randomly, not in the order listed above and learned a bit from the test... I took Germany third and Hungary and Poland last.  I noticed I tended to under or over estimate immigrant populations, undoubtedly influenced by the news cycle.  

How did you do?


No comments: