Monday, April 20, 2015

Joan Jett



Finally, Joan Jett has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I was head over heels in love with her when I was a teen.  The highlight of my young life was standing at the edge of the stage as she played at the State Fair.  To top it off, she reached down and touched my outstretched hand while singing "Do you Want to Touch Me."  Yeah, she also touched everybody else's hand, but so what?  

Besides writing and performing her own awesome music, she also does some great covers. Little Drummer Boy is one of my many favorites, although it stirred in me some clashing, conflicted emotions to hear a Christmas song sung by a woman who caused such un-Christmas-like thoughts in my hormone-soaked, adolescent brain.

At her induction, she sang Chrimson and Clover with the writer and original singer of the song, Tommy James.  That is my absolute favorite Joan Jett song, and here is the original:


No comments: