Friday, December 20, 2013

Duck Duck.... Goose!

It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me, I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.
When the reporter asked Robertson what he found sinful, he said: 

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

Freedom of speech means freedom for those who you despise, and freedom to express the most despicable views.  ~ Alan Dershowitz


The ‘Duck Dynasty’ Fiasco Says More About Our Bigotry Than Phil’s ~ Brandon Ambrosino

For those that don't know, Brandon Ambrosino is a contributing writer to Time, The Atlantic, McSweeney's, VICE, Buzzfeed, Relevant, Gawker, Baltimore Magazine, and the Baltimore Sun.  He is also gay.  Brandon Ambrosino gets it.

Many come and comment here whose views I find an anathema to my beliefs and principles.  They are welcome.  We don't persecute them (although it might feel that way to them at times), and will defend their right to their opinions.

Is there a difference between persecuting someone for their belief that homosexuality is wrong or persecuting someone for their belief that homosexuality is okay? After all, Phil Robertson went on to say:

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.” 

Freedom of thought and speech must extend to those you disagree with.  Don't get me wrong, A&E is more than welcome to terminate him if they feel he has become more detrimental than beneficial to their business enterprise... but they shouldn't.  Or more accurately, they shouldn't terminate him simply because an angry mob wants him terminated.  Like it or not Phil Johnson has a right to his beliefs and he has a right to express them, whether they hurt your feelings or not.

Whatever happened to:

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~ Evelyn Beatrice Hall

No comments: