Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday Sessions: Michael Lee Aday

A.K.A
MEAT LOAF

Born Marvin Lee Aday, best known as Meat Loaf, with a three octave vocal range, is one of the best selling artists of all time with over 80 million in record sales.  Here are a few of my favorites:

From BAT OUT OF HELL


Sorry Ducky, I looked for the Dick Stockton version but couldn't find it, you'll just have to put up with Phil Rizzuto.

From BACK INTO HELL
(Bat Out of Hell II) 



Which raises the ever present question of what "That" is.  Now if you pay attention to the lyrics "That" is:

 forget the way you feel right now 
forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight 
do it better than I do it with you, so long 
stop dreaming of you every night of my life

What "That" is became such a constant source of confusion that in 1998 Meat Loaf explained it on stage using a blackboard and a pointing stick.

 From The Monster is Loose
(Bat Out of Hell III)


Since I consider the first Bat Out of Hell album to be the best of the three (although there are many more Meat Loaf albums), I'll leave you with this one:

  

No comments: