Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Is Pride Racist?

PRIDE by JACOB MATHAM, 1592


The other day after responding to a comment I was reading an article on collective narcissism.  That led me to another article on hubris and group pride.  In that article I found the following:

Black pride is a slogan used primarily in the United States to raise awareness for a black racial identity. The slogan has been used by African Americans of sub-Saharan African origin to denote a feeling of self-confidence, self-respect, celebrating one's heritage, and being proud of one's personal worth.

White pride is a slogan used primarily in the United States for a white race identity. This is traditionally closely aligned with white supremacy, white separatism, and other extreme manifestations of white racism.

So let me see if I get this... Black Pride is a good thing, White Pride is a bad thing.

No comments: