Wednesday, June 4, 2014

There may be hope




By George I Think They've Got It

I stumbled across the following article on truthout and thought I'd share it:

Yes Virginia, Obama and the Democrats are Mussolini-Style Corporatists, Just Like the Republicans. 

Truthout is a 501(c)(3) non-profit progressive news organization

Some highlights below, but I heartily recommend reading the entire article.

There is an entire large, well funded, and extremely effective business apparatus that extracts lucrative programs, explicit subsidies, guarantees, and various other gimmies from government bodies at all levels. 

One suspects the reason for the sensitivity within the ranks of the Democratic party water-carriers to the “corporatist” label is that Obamacare is a textbook case. 

Obama’s incentives are to come up with “solutions” that paper over problems, avoid meaningful conflict with the industry, minimize complaints, and restore the old practice of using leverage and investment gains to cover up stagnation in worker incomes. 

As I've been saying, the only difference between R's and D's is window dressing.  While I don't think I'll ever be in agreement with the folks over at truthout as to a solution, recognizing the problem is a good first step.

No comments: